We believe that it is important to recognise the time, effort and investment that you put into to being part of the group. To do this you can decide to sign up to the accreditation scheme we have put in place to acknowledge the skills you have gained. It is completely optional whether you decide to sign up, however, we encourage you to do so as we believe it is a really beneficial opportunity for you to get an additional reward for your time.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is the formal recognition that a person or organisation is competent to perform specific processes, activities, or tasks in a reliable credible and accurate manner.
What accreditation will I receive if I decide to take part in the YPAG accreditation scheme?
- There are lots of different ways to become accredited and so we want to ensure that we choose the correct scheme. At the initial face-to-face meeting we will discuss:
- If Group members would like to be accredited for their activity (as accreditation requires a time commitment, some Group members may decide they would prefer not to take part)
- What kind of accreditation would be most appropriate/beneficial.
If you cannot attend the first meeting you can still give us your thoughts on whether you would like to have an accreditation by getting in touch with us.
What do I have to do to participate?
- Have regular involvement over a period of time
- Complete all units of the research training scheme we have developed
What are the benefits to me?
- A programme of training in understanding the research process
- A certificate
- Formal recognition of your involvement in the group
- An award that can be used on college, job UCAS or apprenticeship applications