Here are the current opportunities available for group members to get involved with. This list will be updated as opportunities become available.
Some opportunities are confidential due to the nature of the research and so will only be available to Your Rheum members via our closed Facebook Group. To access these opportunities you must apply to be a group member.
Contact: Your.Rheum@manchester.ac.uk to get involved in any of these opportunities.
Here is a list of external opportunities/resources you might find interesting.
CLUSTER free launch event
REGISTER here https://theclusterlaunch.eventbrite.co.uk
- Register using the above link – it’s free to register – spaces are limited.
- If you are under 16 you need to be accompanied by an adult and they also need to register using the same link.
- Travel expenses will be covered although the amount is limited and will be based on first come first served basis. Please contact Zoe Wanstall email@example.com about travel expenses.
WORD Day “WOrld Young Rheumatic Disease Day” 18th of March from 2019
PReS (www.PRES.EU) and the parent/patient association ENCA (www.ENCA.org) have launched WORD day (an annual event), the objectives of this day are:
- To raise parental and professional awareness of these illnesses.
- By raising awareness of paediatric rheumatic diseases amongst health care providers will help to aid the process of diagnosis, especially of rarer diseases.
- WORD paediatric day is also directed at the wider public, since it is important to raise social awareness to the needs of children with rheumatic illnesses.
Local face to face awareness events, hospital websites and educational programs will be aired on both the local and international stage in a range of different countries. Diverse local events will be designed and implemented by a local organising committees in each country, to be run in hospital, universities and public areas (e.g. schools, museums, town centres). These are anticipated to include information stalls, talks and performances given by patients, information and training events for healthcare professionals, ‘peer education’ workshops involving medical student organisations. In particular, WORD day will target doctors who are the first clinicians to come into contact with these patients (e.g. general paediatricians), parents, other health practitioners, educators.
Find out more on: